For details of talks and seminars currently offered by members of 7KBW please contact Chantal Perdreau, at email@example.com.
Topics covered by recent talks include:
- Recent developments in shipping law
- Contractual damages
- Shipbuilding: recurring disputes and how to avoid them
- Promises to arbitrate and their enforcement
- The modern day arbitrator – expectations and irritations
- Rectification: theoretical problems and practical answers
- The interpretation of force majeure clauses
- The “nuts and bolts” of FPSOs
- The Insurance Act 2015
- Freezing Injunctions
- Security for costs in arbitration (in the context of third party funding)
- Assessment of Damages: what benefits caused by a wrong must be brought into account?
- Attribution of knowledge
- Reinsurers’ liability/obligations at common law and the effect of “follow settlement” clauses.
- Insurance and the Misrepresentation Act 1967
- Current issues in tort law (remoteness, illegality, contributory negligence, duty of care, economic torts, joint torts, vicarious liability, non-delegable duties of care and various other topics)
- Commercial remedies (injunctions, specific performance, termination, damages, declaratory relief and various other topics)
- Civil procedure (especially relief from sanctions, judicial bias and recusal, costs, limitation, freezing orders and other interim relief).