Henry is a commercial barrister specialising in complex disputes. He acts principally for corporate entities in heavy commercial litigation and international arbitration.
His main fields of practice are general commercial and contractual disputes, energy, civil/commercial fraud, jurisdiction and procedure, international trade, insurance and reinsurance, shipping, and financial services.
Recent cases include:
- BV Nederlandse Industrie Van Eiprodukten v Rembrandt Enterprises, Inc.  1 Lloyd’s Rep 491;  EWCA Civ 596: led by Gavin Kealey QC in leading commercial fraud case in the Court of Appeal; successful on all issues (test for inducement in fraudulent misrepresentation; scope of transferred loss principle)
- The Cultural Foundation v Beazley Furlonge Ltd  Lloyd’s Rep IR 12: led by James Brocklebank QC in trial about enforcement of arbitral awards worth US$20m+. Client held successful at trial and at subsequent hearing:  EWHC 1083 (Comm);  EWHC 2185 (Comm);  EWHC 2548 (Comm)
- Apache Beryl I Ltd v Marathon Oil  EWHC 2504 (Comm);  EWHC 2462 (Comm);  EWHC 2258 (Comm): led by David Allen QC for Apache in expedited £100m+ trial of a JV dispute, readied in 7 weeks, with successful outcome for the client
- Apache North Sea Limited v Euroil & Edison S.P.A: led by David Allen QC for Apache in Commercial Court case about a North Sea farm-out agreement
- Permanent Court of Arbitration Case 2017-19: led by Stephen Hofmeyr QC in UNCITRAL arbitration of a dispute between oil traders and an African state